Celiac disease is a chronic digestive disorder resulting from an immune reaction to gliadin, a gluten protein found in wheat, rye, barley, and sometimes oats. It involves destruction and inflammation of the inner lining of the small intestine and may lead to the malabsorption of nutrients and minerals.
This disease may affect a person of any age but it often begins in middle infancy.
Fast facts on celiac disease
- Long term effects may include anemia and malnutrition
- It is an immune disorder that causes people to become intolerant to gluten
- A gluten-free diet is only recommended for people who have situation of gluten intolerance or allergy
- Fluid retention
- Persistent hunger
- Bone and joint pain
- Nutrition deficiency
- Weakness and fatigue
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Blood in stools or in urine
- Easy bruising and nose bleeding
- Mouth sores and tooth discoloration
- Depression, irritability and panic attacks
- Foul-smelling stools with excess fat in them
Variation in symptoms may depend on:
- The amount of gluten consumed
- The level of damage to small intestine
- The age at which a person starts eating gluten
We tend to provide a healthy and effective solution to people suffering from celiac disease. Our expert dietitians take a sneak peek into your lifestyle, body type and habits to provide the most effective diet plan that meets all your nutrition needs. Also, they tend to understand your kitchen so that your find it easy to prepare your meals and have them at your comfort zone.
The diets are designed in a way to help you cope with the problem of celiac disease. When you start following the provided diet schedule, we keep a follow-up with you to understand if you are facing any trouble or are experiencing any changes in your body. This helps us in making the necessary changes in your schedule, if required.
So if you want to get rid of this problem, then talk to our experts online or meet them in person by fixing an appointment.