Child nutrition involves ensuring that children eat healthy food which will assist them in their growth and development – both physical and mental. The first 1000 days starting from conception up to the second birthday of the child offers a window of opportunity for building a healthy future. Thus, sound nutrition starts from breastfeeding which is then continued through the weaning period up to the second birthday. Timely introduction of weaning foods which are age appropriate will ensure a good nutritional status, good health and growth during the phase of rapid growth. Thereafter, whether one is feeding a toddler, a pre-schooler, a grade schooler, a teen or an adolescent, nutrient needs remain the same. It is just the amount that differs.
What Is The Child Nutrition Program ?
We understand that children have their own unique nutritional needs and meeting those requirements is essential for their physical and mental growth. Their performance and productivity largely depends on good nutrition. Our qualified child nutritionist helps provide the right start to the child – irrespective of the age. Our child nutrition program is unique as it:
- Educates new mothers about how to introduce the correct weaning foods to complement the nutrient needs of the infant and promote both physical as well as mental growth
- Includes planning of wholesome food plans for all children across the age groups
- Provides excellent value-add and support system to the parent by providing regular counselling sessions to children encouraging them to make the right choices to eat better
- Includes nutritious and interesting recipes to provide a variety of diet to the children
- Treats each child as unique and gives special attention to every child – from a food lover to a picky eater to the ones with special concerns like lactose intolerance, nut allergies, etc
Should Nutrition In Children Be Of Concern Today?
A study has revealed that India has the second highest obese children in the world which is a disturbing health crisis. There are many factors contributing to this – genetic, lack of physical activity, unhealthy eating or a combination of these. Childhood obesity is of concern as the extra weight lays the path to acquire health conditions like diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension which were earlier seen only in adults. Overweight and obese children have a low self-esteem which can have an effect on the other aspects of their lives too. A change in the dietary habits and lifestyle modifications are the key to help children maintain a healthy body weight.
Why Us ?
We understands the challenges that parents face today and we are well equipped to provide solutions with our vast experience. Today, the eating pattern in children has under gone a transformation. From nutrient dense foods they have moved onto calorie dense foods with less nutrients.
Our expert child nutritionists are available to answer your queries and keep a communication channel open with the children. Getting your child to eat healthy can be a constant battle – so why not have our experts take that job up for you?